Writing Strategies: Writing An Evaluation Essay On A Movie
For a high school student, literature courses can be pretty stressful. You don’t only have to read a bunch of different books, but you also have to write a different essay every week. Evaluation essays are easy if you know all the requirements, especially if the topic is something so ordinary like a movie. Once you write this kind of paper for a few times, you will be able to handle it without any help. Here is everything you need to know to get started:
- Make sure that you choose a good movie. You might be tempted to pick a funny one, but this will not be very interesting for your professor. You have to talk about something interesting and original, that will teach your colleagues a life lesson. Of course, the most important thing is that you have to like this movie; otherwise, you will feel bored writing about it and your composition will not be appealing to anyone.
- Mention in the introduction why did you choose this particular movie, and why do you like it so much. Here you can mention some characters that have a fascinating personality, or how the end of the story was completely unexpected.
- In the body of the composition you have to be as explicit as possible. Here is where you will really tell them about the action, about what happened and why and all those moments that made you fall in love with the story and the characters. If you want, you can even compare it with other movies that you watched and explain why this one is different. If one of your favorite actors is playing in it, you can say a few words about it and even bring some pictures.
- Bring some evidence. If you think that is this a representative movie for teenagers for example, you have to explain why. If your opinion is negative, you have to bring some arguments. Your opinion is not the only thing that matters, so try to be rational and objective when you write.
- Compose a smart conclusion. You don’t have to write more than a few lines, but you have to write them in good way. Make sure that the conclusion will be remembered by the readers, and that it is connected to the information that you presented in your composition.